1. What information NLI collects from you.
NeuroLeadership, by itself or via third party providers, collects various personally identifiable information such as name, job title, company name, phone numbers, email addresses, country, state and city from website visitors who voluntarily input such information in response to prompts we have placed at various points on our website and other links provided to you by NLI.
NeuroLeadership will also collect name and e-mail addresses from the e-mails you send to us or as provided in response to our marketing, programming and/or quality control materials.
Some of our third party providers automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our site, such as the type of browser you are using, your general location, or the domain name of your Internet service provider. They also collect aggregate information on the site pages our users visit. The data we hold is kept securely and only accessed by authorized personnel.
Computer data containing no personally identifiable information will be used only for internal business purposes and then discarded.
2. How we use your personal information.
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have proper reason or legitimate basis to do so. The majority of the personal information collected by NeuroLeadership is provided by you voluntarily-for example when you sign up to join a mailing list, register for an event/webinar, or respond to a survey link-and is therefore collected with your permission. The remaining personal information is collected for NeuroLeadership’s legitimate business purposes as outlined below:
- We use the customer information and other personally identifiable information we maintain about users and their use of NLI services and products, including registration information, as follows:
- To help us identify users.
- To help us prevent unauthorized persons from accessing customer information and other personally identifiable information and the product features that we make available to specific users for their use.
- Improving our Services/Measurement. To understand how often users use parts of our services and products.
- By understanding more about users and their use of the products, we can better meet user needs and determine how other product features could be of value to users and to improve services and products.
- Provide customers with anonymous aggregated data that gives an understanding of the measureable impact of NLI services and products.
- We use personally identifiable Information to respond quickly and efficiently to user needs.
- To improve and develop our information, Products and services.
- Every Product feature that we offer is designed to reflect the ways users actually use the Products.
- We collect and analyze information about Product use so that we can tailor new types of information, products and services to meet user needs.
3. Email Updates/Advertising:
- To tell you about new or enhanced services and/or products.
4. Communication with you/Email updates:
- Once a user completes the registration process, NeuroLeadership may keep the user updated by email on important news and events concerning NeuroLeadership, Product features, and other information that NeuroLeadership deems relevant.
3. NLI does not sell your personal information
NeuroLeadership will not sell information it collects. We may disclose your personal information to our third party providers in order to process data for the above mentioned purposes, to third parties who work on our behalf to service or maintain business contact databases or if required by law. The data gathered also will be shared appropriately with our offices in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Some of our Third Party Cookies include:
Your consent to cookies
5. Protecting Personal Information
NeuroLeadership will store personal information as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements or as additionally needed in accordance with this policy.
6. Retention/Deletion of Personal Information
We retain personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our services, improving our services or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below.
7. Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
Upon request, NeuroLeadership will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you or processed in any other manner
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To withdraw consent and request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by NeuroLeadership or third parties
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
If you object to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the data protection authority (“DPA”) in the country where you reside, where you work, or where an alleged infringement of data protection laws has taken place.
8. GDPR. Your Rights Under the GDPR.
This Section 8 is only applicable to you if you are are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In compliance the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), NLI provides specific additional rights for citizens of the European Territories such as the right to access, rectification, right to object, to complaint, erasure and blockage. More specifically:
- the right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by us, and the right to demand that personal data is rectified or amended.
- under certain circumstances, the right to request that personal data should be deleted.
- under certain circumstances, the right to demand that the processing of personal data should be restricted.
- withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- contact our data protection officer if there are any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data.
- the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if believed that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
This Section 9 (A-E) is only applicable to you if you are a resident of the state of California in the US (“California Residents”) and only applies to personal information for which NLI is a “Business” (as defined in the CCPA).
- Identifiers: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service), collected by the Services, business partners, service providers and payment processors; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
- Commercial information: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service), collected by the Services, business partners and service providers; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
- Financial data: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service), business partners and payment processors; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
- Internet or other network or device activity: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service), collected by the Services, business partners, service providers and payment processors; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
- Location information: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service), collected by the Services, business partners and service providers; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
- Sensory information: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service) and service providers; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you: (1) sources: you (either directly or through a third party service), collected by the services, business partners, service providers and payment processors; and (2) third parties: business partners, service providers and payment processors.
Each Category is collected for the following business purposes: (i) providing the services (including without limitation maintaining your account, processing and fulfilling orders, and administering surveys); (ii) providing customer support for the services; (iii) operating the Services (including without limitation managing third party relationships and enabling usage of our service providers); (iv) communicating with you; (v) customizing the services; (vi) securing and protecting the services (including without limitation auditing the services, bug and fraud detection, debugging and repair of errors and the detection, protection and prosecution of security incidents or illegal activity); (vii) enforcing our terms and policies; (viii) complying with law; (ix) verifying your identity; and (x) other business purposes about which we may notify you from time to time.
Each Category is collected for uses that advance our commercial or economic interests such as: (i) promoting and advertising the Services; (iii) customizing the Services; (iv) improving our Services; (v) communicating with you about relevant offers from third parties; and (vi) other commercial purposes about which we may notify you from time to time.
B. Your requests under CCPA. Subject to certain exceptions and restrictions, the CCPA provides California Residents the right to submit requests to a business which has collected their personal information:
- to provide them with access to the specific pieces and categories of personal information collected by the business about such California Resident, the categories of sources for such information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with which such information was shared; and
- to delete such personal information (each, a “California Request”). We need certain types of information so that we can provide our Services to you. If you ask us to delete some or all of your information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
C. How to Exercise Your Rights under CCPA.
- Call us, toll-free, at 1-800-294-7501
- Email us at email@example.com
- Request Verification. If you choose to contact directly by [website/email/phone/in writing], you will need to provide us with:
- Enough information to identify you [(e.g., your full name, address and customer or matter reference number))];
- Proof of your identity and address and
- A description of what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
- Please note that you may only make a CCPA-related data access or data portability disclosure request twice within a 12-month period.
- We are not obligated to make a data access or data portability disclosure if we cannot verify that the person making the request is the person about whom we collected information, or is someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
- Any personal information we collect from you to verify your identity in connection with you request will be used solely for the purposes of verification.
D. We do not sell your personal information. We do not sell your personal information, as that term is defined based on our understanding of the CCPA and its implementing regulations. We do share personal information with third parties for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 2, including without limitation advertising and marketing based on users’ online activities over time and across different sites, services and devices.
E. We do not discriminate against you. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. NLI does not discriminate against California Residents for exercising their rights.
This website is not intended for use by children. We understand the importance of protecting children’s information, especially in an online environment, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain information about children
11. Agreement and Changes
Policy last updated 12/23/2019