Working Remotely? Make Sure You Don’t Lose Your Connection
Many organizations allow—and now actively encourage, given the coronavirus pandemic—employees to work remotely. But often working remotely can feel like more work than it ought to.
So how do we make remote work more brain-friendly, inclusive, and productive as it becomes increasingly popular and necessary?
Dr. David Rock, NLI’s CEO and Co-Founder, gives us his answer in a recent Forbes article, “5 Ways Science Shows Us How To Work Better Virtually.” David offers five actionable tips to make virtual meetings feel a little less virtual and help teams work productively when they’re apart.
The nuts and bolts:
- Make it social: Invite your teammates into your cognitive in-group.
- What you see is what you get: Establish warmth and competence in your virtual appearance.
- Sound advice: Help people hear your voice, and what you’re saying.
- Cue the visuals: Read the room better, faster.
- Leverage back channels: Take advantage of the platform.
To understand the thinking and research behind each item, click here to check out David’s full article on Forbes.