NeuroLeadership Institute Inc. Trademark Use Guidelines
To make our Trademark Use Guidelines more human (and easier to understand), we include plain English, high-level explanation at the start of each section, like this.
These explanations are not part of the Guidelines but are intended to clarify key sections and help you follow the text.
These Trademark Use Guidelines (the “Guidelines”) set forth the rules for using or referring to the trademarks and service marks owned by NeuroLeadership Institute Inc., its affiliates and/or its principals (“NLI”). NLI Trademark(s) shall include all registered or unregistered trademarks and service marks (such as words, names, symbols, devices, slogans, or combination of these) owned by NLI, including but not limited to the trademarks and service marks listed on the NLI Trademark List.
If you have any questions about the Guidelines, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Here at NLI, we take pride in our trademarks, so we wanted to share some guidelines for using them.
This section discusses the ways you may (permissible) and may not (prohibited) use NLI Trademarks.
Permissible Uses of NLI Trademarks
- Use NLI Trademarks to Refer to NLI Products or Services. With the exception of NLI logos (the use of which must be expressly authorized by NLI), you generally may use NLI Trademarks nominally to refer to NLI products or services.
- Use NLI Trademarks to Indicate a Relationship to NLI Products. You may indicate a relationship with NLI’s products or services by using an accurate referential phrase in connection with your company provided that: (a) the NLI Trademark appears less prominent than the product or service name; (b) the NLI Trademark is not a part of or incorporated in your product or service name; and (c) the referential phrase is accurate.
Prohibited Uses of NLI Trademarks
- Your use of the marks should not suggest any sponsorship or endorsement by us, and shouldn’t confuse our brands with any other brands.
- Please do not do any of the following:
- Combine any of our marks with your name, your marks, or any generic terms
- Incorporate any of our marks into your name or logo
- Change the color of our logo
- Photoshop or otherwise modify our logos
- Use old versions of our logos
- Use our brain logo as a letter in any word, other than where published by us
- Add words directly around the logos
- Overlap our logo with shapes or photos
- Associate our marks with any vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material
- You may not use a trademark, domain name, or logo that imitates or could be confused with our marks.
Once you have permission to use NLI Trademarks or have determined that your use will be nominal, please review this section on how to properly write/display NLI trademarks.
Rules for Proper Use of NLI Trademarks
- Set NLI Trademarks apart from surrounding text.
- Use NLI Trademarks as adjectives.
- Do Not abbreviate or alter the spelling of NLI Trademarks ie The TAPS Model® to TAPS.
- Use the proper trademark symbol. A NLI Trademark should appear with the proper trademark symbol, which can be found on the NLI Trademark List.
- In written materials, the appropriate symbol must be used with the first or most prominent appearance of the NLI Trademark in headlines and the first time the NLI Trademark appears in body text. This appropriate symbol also should be used on each subsequent page if the topic is different or if the pages can be separated and distributed independently. If the materials, product packaging, or web page includes a properly licensed NLI logo.
- Use the proper Trademark Attribution Statement. All marketing collateral, advertisements, product packaging, web pages, manuals, and studies that include NLI Trademarks also must include the proper trademark attribution statement crediting ownership of the NLI Trademarks to NLI.
- Typically, the attribution statement is displayed at the end of the material or in the footer of the document.
- The correct trademark attribution statement is:
NeuroLeadership Institute Inc. and the NLI Brain Logo, [if applicable, list here any other trademarks found on the NLI Trademarks List that are referred to or displayed in the document] are trademarks or registered trademarks of NeuroLeadership Institute, Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S.
NLI Logos – Use of NLI’s logos require express written permission from NLI. Please ask us.
Use Rules for NLI Logos
- NLI Logo and NLI-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the NLI Logo or any other NLI-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written permission from NLI.
Misuse of NLI Trademark/ Logo- Please help us protect our trademarks.
Misuse of NLI Trademarks by Others
- If you learn of any uses of any logos, icons, or images that are confusingly similar to the NLI Trademarks, please notify NLI by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Similarly, if you become aware of any use of a NLI Trademark that violates any of the rules described above, including failure to identify NLI Trademarks as belonging to NLI, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request-If you are not sure about proper use, please ask.
Requests for Use
- If you are interested in using NLI Trademarks or logos for appropriate marketing and educational purposes please submit the “Request to Use NLI Trademarks or Logo” at email@example.com. All requests for use of NLI Trademarks will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Actual use of the trademarks will also be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about these Guidelines please email firstname.lastname@example.org