We operate in a Global Team environment with regular contact with colleagues in North America and APAC. The Financial Accountant role is a hands-on position providing support for the EMEA and North American operations finance activities. You will report to and work closely with the EMEA Finance Manager and other finance staff in North America. This position is based in a fun, dynamic Central London office near Waterloo Station.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accounts Receivable – create, send, follow up on invoices, process receipts, credit control, and related administration
- Accounts Payable – process supplier invoices, reconcile to purchase orders (and other supporting documentation), prepare month end payments, and related administration
- Ensure reimbursable travel expenses are billed back to the client in a timely manner; follow up with staff and suppliers to gather supporting documentation
- Reconciliations of bank, accrued expenses, deferred revenue, and other accounts
- Month end journal preparation
- Adhere to the company’s – constantly evolving- financial policies and business procedures; suggest recommendations for improvements, and document changes
- Answer questions and provide assistance to internal stakeholders, customers, and suppliers as needed
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested; contribute to monthly management reporting, town hall and other report production
- Other accounting-based tasks as requested. E.g., scanning and filing accounting documents, support with VAT and year-end preparation, payroll
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings
- Able to demonstrate experience in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable is essential
- Understanding of project-based/accrual accounting preferred
- Able to work in a commercial-driven and fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping / double entry
- Competent skills with Microsoft Office and Intermediate/advanced skills in excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite accounting software preferable
If the above describes you and who and where you want to be, we want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
PS- Advance thanks for running the gauntlet we’ve designed to maximize the likelihood of our mutual success.
PPS- NLI is more than an equal opportunity employer. We’re actively focused on expanding and diversifying our applicant pool to ensure our team represents the diverse range of our communities and clients.