Culture & Leadership Insight Lab
Culture isn't a mystery anymore. It's simply the shared everyday habits in a company. But changing how thousands of people treat their work, each other, and themselves is no small feat. By following the science, innovative companies are achieving organization-wide change, whether in transformation or growth mindset or leadership development.
Join NLI in Silicon Valley this May as we convene senior leaders to unpack how they've reached success in today's most pressing talent opportunities. Expect detailed case studies, candid conversations, meaningful professional connections, and concrete actions for applying the science. It's a lab for insights — what will be yours?
Janet Ahn, Ph.D.
Heidi Grant, Ph.D.
Registration & Breakfast
Lead Rapid Transformation
The brain transforms all the time. Why is it so hard for the organization?
The conventional approach to transformation has a fundamental misunderstanding about change at the core — that assessment and prioritization will be enough. Dive into the science underlying effective change initiatives, informed by the brain’s strengths and constraints, organized around the core principles of behavior change.
- What is a framework for thinking differently about your customers’ needs?
- How can you lead your team to bring fresh thinking to the table?
- How can we move faster and work smarter through uncertainty?
Morning Networking Break
Learning that Works
How can we better design leadership development and change initiatives?
Learning initiatives often fail to live up to the name—with low retention, let alone the development of skills or changing of behavior. Learning that works takes advantage what brains want, like making room for insight, keeping the experience social, and ensuring coherence throughout the whole process. Join us for a compelling conversation on how scaling knowledge can grow leaders across an organization.
- How can we create useful learning opportunities for ourselves and others every day?
- How can we satisfy employees’ need to learn both quickly and efficiently?
- What turns learning into behavior change?
Essential Habits for Today's Leaders
What are the essentials to accelerate leadership effectiveness? Regardless of the business situation, there are a set of key opportunities — and risks — that leaders must gain clarity on due to the mere fact of being in leadership positions. Awaken to those, and unlock your potential, and that of your organization.
- How can you reduce the exhaustive to the essential?
- What are the 3 most critical areas of focus leaders need to be reminded of?
- What’s the secret to building leadership habits that result in lasting behavior change?
Afternoon Networking Break
Growth Mindset in Action
Growth mindset is a concept grown out of science that’s entered into classrooms and boardrooms around the world. But in an organization, how can it actually be applied?
Over the past year, we have studied twenty organizations at the forefront of creating a growth mindset culture. The research successfully identified the key levers for bringing growth mindset to life in organizations, with speed, impact, and scale. Discover how to do so in yours.
- What’s the return on investing in growth mindset?
- How does growth mindset impact individual & team performance?
- What are leading companies doing to embed growth mindset?
How can you make growth mindset part of your org DNA?
Culture & Leadership