Are you a scientist, wondering about the next step in your career? Would you like to be a part of closing the gap between what science knows and business does? Would you like to see your academic experiences have an impact in the real world?
Specifically, we’re looking for scientists with degrees in human neuroscience, behavioural science, social science, cognitive science and related fields, who want to transition out of pure academia.
The role involves helping us gather, synthesize and share key insights from science to provide practical guidance for organizations to help create more innovative, inclusive and healthy environments in which employees and organizations thrive.
We’re looking for well-rounded researchers and scientists who can be central to our organization’s voice in the market and have an impact on large scale client initiatives. The opportunity includes building your skills as a presenter to non-scientist audiences, helping clients design better talent
strategies as a consultant, while continuing to do research around topics NLI is focused on- across culture, change, leadership, diversity and inclusion and more.
A bit about you:
- Ph.D. in social cognitive neuroscience, social psychology or a related field
- Understand the basics of human cognition and behavior.
- Ability to explain the behavioral (and neural) underpinnings of processes like e.g., decision making, emotion regulation, cognitive bias, learning, and memory, or collaboration.
- Interest in translating science into “user-friendly” bites to craft creative solutions for clients
- Confidence at presenting to non-scientific audiences and answering science-related questions
- High quality written and spoken communications, both academic and lay writing
Here’s a bit about your day to day:
- Partner with other teams our content creators to provide context and help communicate any relevant research in an accessible manner
- Support product/solution development and implementation to ensure high scientific standard
- Synthesize and contextualize research concepts and research findings from multiple domains of human neuroscience and psychology
- Collaborate with your teammates and colleagues to author articles
If the above describes you and who and where you want to be, we want to hear from you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS- Advance thanks for running the gauntlet we’ve designed to maximize the likelihood of our mutual success.
PPS- NLI is more than an equal opportunity employer. We’re actively focused on expanding and diversifying our applicant pool to ensure our team represents the diverse range of our communities and clients.